Contact Information

Surplus Request

How do I surplus my items?


How do I surplus a vehicle?


What about software?


What about hazardous materials?


What is scrap, and what do I do with it?


Are there times when I don't have to use a disposal request?

Agencies do not have to submit a request to make inventory adjustments for items that were lost, stolen or destroyed by fire. Adjustments made under these circumstances should be handled within each agency. Keep in mind that your agency is responsible for maintaining its own equipment inventory records.

Can I give my surplus to another state agency?

Surplus property can be transferred from one state agency to another without charge if:

  • The owning agency wishes to do so (this is not mandatory).
  • The item has a fair market value less than $500.

A disposal request is not required for this process, but the agency should keep internal records. For more information on this process, see RCW 43.19.1919.

Can I donate surplus items?

Per RCW 43.19.1919 you can donate your items to eligible government entities. Please contact us at surplusrequest@des.wa.gov for an approved list. You must submit a surplus request and receive a surplus authority number to donate items. View Washington Administrative Code 200-360-010 for more information.

What is an Agency Authority number?

This is a disposing agency number assigned for tracking surplus documents. This is the only number you will see in your queue. We recommend assigning a 2-digit year, a dash and the request number found at the top right hand corner of your disposal document.