Strategic HR Management (16 Hours)
This class covers how you as an HR professional develops, contributes to, and supports the organization’s mission, vision, values, strategic goals and objectives. You will learn how an HR professional uses the organization’s mission to formulate policies, guide and lead the change process, and evaluate your own contributions to the organization’s effectiveness.
Course is designed around HRCI® and SHRM exam content areas to prepare for the examination.
Performance Objectives: At the completion of this course you should be able to:
· Describe the relationship between an organization’s mission, vision, values, business goals, objectives, plans and processes
· Understand Legislative and regulatory processes
· Actively participate in strategic planning and implementation processes
· Perform a variety of management functions, including planning, organizing, directing and controlling
· Demonstrate techniques that promote creativity and innovation
· Formulate corporate governance procedures and ensure compliance
Competencies covered in this course: Strategic management for human resources.
Intended Audience: Individuals seeking to enter the field of human resources; non-HR professionals in supervisory roles who have the responsibility for interviewing, training, evaluating, or disciplining employees; and new or experienced managers interested in learning more about efficient employee management skills.
Pre-requisites: Human Resource Essentials.