Strategic HR Management
This class covers how you as an HR professional develops, contributes to, and supports the organization’s mission, vision, values, strategic goals and objectives. You will learn how an HR professional uses the organization’s mission to formulate policies, guide and lead the change process, and evaluate your own contributions to the organization’s effectiveness.
This course is a required for the Human Resources Certificate and is designed around HRCI® and SHRM exam content areas to prepare you for the examination.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the relationship between an organizations mission, vision, values, business goals, objectives, plans and processes.
- Understand legislative and regulatory processes.
- Actively participate in strategic planning and implementing processes.
- Perform and variety of management functions, including planning, organizing, direction and controlling.
- Demonstrate techniques that promote creativity and innovation.
- Formulate corporate governance procedures and ensure compliance.
Competencies Covered: Human resources, strategic management
Intended Audience: Individuals seeking to enter the field of human resources; non-HR professionals in supervisory roles who have the responsibility for interviewing, training, evaluating, or disciplining employees; and new or experienced managers interested in learning more about efficient employee management skills
Prerequisite: Human Resource Essentials