SharePoint 2016 for Site Users
This course provides foundation knowledge for the Microsoft SharePoint 2016 platform. With the modern business environment and distributed workforces collaboration is essential to a successful business model. SharePoint 2016 offers flexibility to tailor deployments based on your infrastructure to ensure the most successful model that matches your work.
This hands-on course begins with a detailed understanding of SharePoint and its benefits. In this course you will become proficient with 2016’s new interface, navigation structure, and all the essentials for understanding and working efficiently with lists, libraries, documents, discussion groups, meeting workspaces, document workspaces, and more. You will gain proficiency with day-in-the-life site member tasks, discover what’s new in 2016 compared to previous versions, and gain an introductory understanding of SharePoint’s permissions and user roles.
This course is designed for all site member end-users and is strongly recommended as a foundation.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Be introduced to SharePoint Technologies
- Site navigation and overall use of SharePoint
- Understand content lists and libraries- make them work for you
- Searching and utilizing tools within SharePoint
- Recognize webpages and their function within SharePoint
- Create and manage sites, including different levels of permissions
- Work with wikis, blogs and community sites
- Manage and utilize work tasks and workflows
Competencies covered in this course: Fundamentals of SharePoint 2016
Intended Audience: Anyone working the 2016 SharePoint interface.
Recommended Prerequisite: To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using personal computers, the mouse and keyboard. You should be able to use Windows to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.