Team Trust: How to Build, Mend, and Maintain It
Building trust among team members is essential for success, no matter how talented the team is. This course provides a comprehensive overview of the vital components of trust and how to build, mend, and maintain it in the workplace. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the building blocks of trust, such as creating psychological safety, living your values, and understanding the neuroscience of trust. In addition, they will learn how to identify issues that might be preventing trust in their teams, address them effectively, and create an action plan to nurture trust in the workplace. Through this training, participants will gain invaluable skills for improving their teams and boosting their performance and engagement.
The importance of trust in the workplace cannot be overstated. High trust teams are more likely to collaborate effectively, resolve conflicts quickly, and stay focused on their goals. Not only that, but they are also more likely to be resilient during times of change and uncertainty. Being able to nurture trust in the workplace can therefore be incredibly beneficial for personal growth and professional development.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define the concept of team trust and how it contributes to the effectiveness of a team.
- Identify the three key components of building trust in a workplace environment.
- Evaluate the relationship between high trust teams and their productivity levels.
- Distinguish between the behaviors that establish and sustain trust in the workplace with those that do not.
- Apply evidence-based tools and strategies to build, repair and maintain trust within your team.
- Demonstrate the ability to practice key skills and tools to improve relationships at work.
- Create an actionable plan that outlines the next steps you will take to build, rebuild, or maintain trust in your team or organization.
Competencies Covered: Trust, team dynamics
Intended Audience: This training is designed for anyone interested in building, mending, and maintaining trust at work. The course is also helpful for managers, supervisors and HR professionals who support others in the workplace. HR professionals may earn 6 CEU credits for SHRM.