Facilitation & Presentation
Public Speaking Skills
Do you feel nervous about speaking in front of others? This two-day workshop is designed to help you conquer the biggest fear most people face - public speaking. You'll learn the essential skills needed to communicate effectively with both small groups and large audiences, including how to tailor your presentation to meet the needs of your audience, create a logical and focused presentation, engage your listeners, and achieve your goals. Regardless of your experience level, this course will boost your confidence and empower you to speak to any audience. In this practical class, you'll not only learn the theory of effective public speaking, but you'll also have the opportunity to apply new skills in a relaxed setting, working with a familiar topic.
To maximize our in-class work and practice session, we ask that each learner come prepared with a presentation topic they are familiar with. This can focus on personal or business matters.
This course is only available to schedule for a group of participants at your organization. Each offering can be customized to your team's specific needs.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Effectively organize, plan, and prepare presentations.
- Overcome nervousness and speak with confidence.
- Keep your audience engaged through media, visuals, humor, and storytelling.
- Tailor presentations to your audience’s needs.
- Deliver audience-focused and persuasive presentations.
- Evaluate and improve your speaking skills through instructor assessment, self-assessment, and peer review.
- Manage group interactions and challenging behaviors.
- Cultivate active listening skills and ask good questions.
Competencies Covered: Public speaking, communication skills, facilitation skills
Intended Audience: Public Sector leaders, team leaders, and employees