The Hiring Process: Module I – Recruitment (eLearning)
This module provides you with the information and tools to develop a hiring process plan, review relevant rules, and complete/update a position description. It explains how to work in partnership with HR to create a recruitment plan and timeline. This module also reviews how to market the position and build your list of candidates. You will be reminded throughout this module to practice confidentiality throughout the recruitment processes. This module will also provide you with resources you can use throughout the module and thereafter.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Develop a hiring process plan in partnership with Human Resources (HR).
- Review relevant rules; know your agency’s policies and procedures.
- Create or update position description, gain position description approval, and submit paperwork.
- Work with HR to create a recruitment timeline identifying work that needs to be done, who is going to do it, and by when.
- Market the position, location, and organization.
- Build your list of candidates from the certified list provided by HR.
- Practice confidentiality throughout the recruitment process.
Competencies Covered: Human resources, Interviewing, Recruitment
Intended Audience: Public sector organization supervisors, hiring managers
Instructions to access the eLearning: Register for this eLearning now with the Washington State Learning Center. Search for: WA State The Hiring Process: Module I- Recruitment in the Washington State Learning Center.
Contact DES training team with questions at Traininginfo@des.wa.gov.