Visiting During Legislative Session
We’re delighted to welcome you to the beautiful Capitol Campus in Olympia!
The 2024 Legislative Session begins Monday, Jan. 8, and adjourns Thursday, March 7.
View the DES interactive map to find metered parking areas. The cost is $2 an hour between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Parking on weekends and evenings is free. Visit the City of Olympia website to learn about parking in downtown Olympia.
ADA parking is available in campus parking lots and garages on a first-come, first-use basis.
EV charging stations
Electric vehicle (EV) charging stations are available for visitors at Capitol Gateway Park, the Natural Resources Building, and on level A of the Plaza Garage. View the DES interactive map for details on energy charging fees and EV station parking fees.
We will provide a shuttle service between the Plaza Garage and the West Campus for visitors and state employees during the 2024 Legislative Session.
The shuttle runs on a 15-minute scheduled loop from 6:15 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on weekdays. View the shuttle route.
Chin Don Bistro
Chin Don Bistro is located in three buildings and includes a 24/7 micro market with grab-and-go items. Chin Don Bistro is a food service business operating under the Washington State Department of Services for the Blind Business Enterprise Program.
- Office Building Two (OB2): Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Legislative Building: Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Pritchard Building: Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Micro markets are 24/7 with grab-and-go items.
Vending machines are available in buildings throughout the campus.
- Legislative Building – RM 116 (please see Visitor Services for access)
- John A. Cherberg Building - Women's restroom, 1st floor
- John L. O'Brien Building - Family restroom
- Helen Sommers Building – First floor
Find more visitor accommodations in the Legislative Building.
View the Capitol Campus event calendar for a list of events and activities in public spaces on the Washington State Capitol Campus. Some of these events and activities may impact parking and traffic on the campus. To be alerted of impacts, sign up for Capitol Campus updates.
Explore the Capitol Campus
Did you know the Washington state Capitol Campus recently became an internationally accredited arboretum? While you’re here, we hope you enjoy exploring all our campus has to offer.
- Get outside and enjoy a beautiful park and garden, like the Sunken Garden near the Temple of Justice or Heritage Park near Capitol Lake.
- Take a free, guided public tour of the Legislative Building to learn about state history and see a historic building up close.
- Discover stunning architecture around campus, including the Governor’s Mansion, and Temple of Justice.
- View historic memorials and artwork, many which honor the state’s veterans.
Your safety is important to us!
- For emergencies: Immediately call 9-1-1.
- For all non-emergencies: Call Capitol Security & Visitor Services 24/7 at 360-407-9111.
While you’re on campus, please keep these safety tips in mind:
- Be alert and aware of your surrounding when walking and driving on campus – especially after dark.
- Prevent vehicle break-ins by locking your doors and closing your windows. Remove valuables from your vehicle and don’t leave items that look like they could contain valuables.